GCSE exam results
Posted on 28.08.2017
This summer, Dixons Trinity's first set of full GCSEs have delivered outstanding results - a testament to the commitment the students, their families and the whole community have shared:
- 70% of students achieved a strong pass in English and mathematics combined (grade 5+; equivalent to a high C and low B on the old grading system)
- 48% achieved a strong pass in the EBacc (grade 5+)
- 37% of all grades were 7 / A or above
- 15% of students achieved at least one grade 9
- 55% of students achieved top grades (7 / 8 / 9; equivalent to A or above) in English
- The average grade achieved by a student at Trinity was a B
These results mean that Dixons Trinity Academy, Bradford, is the highest performing state school in Bradford and Leeds.
As a result, Dixons Trinity, Bradford, has featured in the national and regional press this week:
The Times: 'Gromp' schools romp to top of class
TES: 'These GCSE results show that free schools are flourishing - they are Michael Gove's legacy'
The Yorkshire Post: Yorkshire's pupils who overcame personal challenges to get results